Monday 13 September 2010

Weird Week

It's started out all kinds of odd!

We found a couple of rather bizarre sweeties in a packet of Love Hearts. It turns out these are two of a collection of specially printed sweets from a nationwide competition to have a personal message stamped and put into general production. The winner chose: "Happy Harry, Think Pink, Joyful Jo, Granny P, Juicy Jessie, Heart Baby, Me Julie, Best Mum, I luv Alan, Kin of U Home and Mermaid Eloise" - Granny P being in memoriam for the winner's children, having just lost their beloved grandmother. Awww - that's really sweet.

Hah - I don't normally have such a good email day as this either... I have a voucher for two meals for £11, an email from someone wanting to discuss a job, one with a software problem (easy and fixed), one confirming my parcel pickup from the company I'm looking to work with and I got a response about gecko morphs - turns out that Terry's a harlequin flame morph. Lovely!

The Story of Chip in a Bottle: It starts with my bizarre younger brother, a KFC French Fry and a sense of curiosity beyond the norm, about a year ago. "It's like a normal chip but the water's a bit cloudy. it's disintegrated slightly - sort of fluffy round the edges." My mum says "I prefer opening the freezer and finding Lego frozen in bowls of water to bottles of yeck in his room." When questioned on this rather odd comment, my brother responded: "I was bored, so I was roleplaying digging in the ice and finding Lego." I can only guess it was a bit Indiana Jones...

Though I'm not going to have such a strange week as one unsuspecting thief. An entire collection of 2400 Ecstasy pills in all colours and shapes was stolen in Holland. The hobbyist decided the report the theft despite the illegal nature of the collection because he was worried about the possible consequences if anybody were to swallow one of the 40 poisoned pills among his collection from the last 20 years. The officials don't know which of the red and white ones are toxic...

'I've tried it before but didn't like it,' he was quoted saying. 'My passion for collecting comes from the varied collection of colors, shapes and logos that are printed on the pills.' Prosecutors and drug enforcement officials are still weighing whether to charge him with a crime. 'Given that the pills have disappeared, for the moment there's no evidence to support a possession charge.'

Shroom hadn't realised the UK were about as involved in 'Nam as a marshmallow is made of concrete. "But you do realize that marshmallows are made of concrete mix, they just add a bit of milk to soften it up..."

Try the blog in a seriously surreal way, at RotateMe.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*