Friday 13 June 2008

Luck, in all It's Flavours.

So - Friday 13th, unlucky for some? Probably, but I wasn't one of them today. I balanced my till first time AND within 7 minutes - the first time that's ever happened. Lucky for some! Shortly after that, the boss brought in croissants for us as a treat, and then we were presented with crisps and biscuits. Not long after, there were the wonderful scents of roast beef, cider and vanilla coming through the doors as a local fayre set up just opposite our building. I mean, how cruel is that: my Welsh colleague could see and smell the alcohol, but couldn't get it. (Bear in mind this is the same man that, in his spare few moments, will sit making noises like: Chewbacca; a motorbike; a beached whale and even fireworks.) Turns out it was worse for the neighbours though, as their cashier is vegetarian... And right opposite -an ox roast.Unlucky for some.

Mind you, one customer made me laugh. He wandered off after I'd served him, only to come flying in, desperately searching for his wallet. After a few "no, I haven't got it Sir"'s, he sighed, clearly thinking he'd lost it. And then discovered it tucked under his arm. Nice one.

(Image courtesy of http://www.oddee.com/ - another wonderful if-you're-bored-er.)

Today's Quote: "Can you imagine calling through and getting a dead line?" - Colleague, calling deceased probate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*