Thursday 27 November 2008

Fabulous Floors and Terrific Tanks

The lizards are very pleased this week! They've got lovely wall to wall carpetting in their tanks now, which is a whole lot healthier than sand. Well, remember how sand sticks to a wet finger? Now consider that the dragons lick just about everything on a minutely basis... So they've now got brown astroturfed tanks! Ky thought the whole process was fascinating, insisting on sitting on the pile of sand whilst I tried to sweep it up and chuck it in a bucket, and then running all over the carpet as I cut it to size. She licked it about a million and one times as I slid it into place - sat on it, sliding along the tank floor. Tsam was generally confused about the whole thing and sat UNDER it whilst I tried to fit his. But apparently, it's good for digging on. It's soft enough to sleep on, tough enough to resist digging, bouncy enough to jump from the highest object in the tank onto, and firm enough to run around like a lunatic. Hurray for brown astroturf and for eBay's mats-n-floors company for finding and measuring it, and the wonderfully good value!

Quote of the Day: My Nan made me chuckle this week; she was telling me about one of her best ever prize wins: she won a film camera, projector AND screen by writing off to Macleans. "I'm glad I didn't have to send in a label or anything - I HATED Macleans' toothpaste!"

1 comment:

  1. She was determined to get in the way, and kept licking the sweeping brush when I swept, the scissors when I cut, the ruler when I measured...

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*