Wednesday 2 September 2009

Plum Jam and Wine

Going home to the north was deeply pleasant. I'll be exhausted for the rest of the week, but I'm glad I did it sooner than later. Amazing how I took lots of books, with the intention of reducing my stockpile, and ended up coming home with even MORE of the darned things! It's a good job I love reading.

I also have a pot of Grumps Cats best golden scrumpy plum jam (plums stolen from the local park, gives them extra flavour!), two bottles of Echo Falls Rose, a large stack of old Reader's Digest magazines, a box of coffee fudge (I'll give that to Himself, he likes coffee and fudge...) and two tubs of Vitalite. I know, it's an odd thing to receive as a gift, but I love the stuff and it's quite hard to get down south. (Pixdaus: Connie "Cluster of Plums")

Proper spoiling has gone on this weekend; two chicken dinners, cheese toasties with coleslaw, cheesecake and not one, but two portions of strawberries and cream.

Mum's Hua behaved himself this week too - rolling a submission he was spoilt silly with about an hours worth of headscratchies. Dogs do make you very warm though. You don't get that with lizards. I was glad to see everyone, and even more relieved that they were glad to see me too!

The sun is beginning to set - no dramatic skies this evening, just a sulky, dove blue cloud layer, a flash of metallic colour, coppery orange, puncturing a hole in its rubbery side; looking for all the world like a new two pence peice glinting through grey washing up water. Higher up there's a frosted fern tracery of cloud, but in honesty, it's nothing worth writing home about.

"The World I love, the trains I hop, to be part of..." - Chilis. "The birds that blow the meaning into Beebop."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*