Sunday 24 January 2010

The Plum can Plumb!

I got home today to find no water and no TV licence! Seems as the lads are moving out, they'd taken their washing machine and not plumbed in mine, which is fair enough. I've never plumbed a washer before, so that was genuinely quite fun once I worked it out. It's a lot harder than I thought. The TV license is apparently George's, so he took it with him.

In the meantime, I've had a great evening! I've been helping a friend with chem, bio and phys study, explaining complex terms in simple ways, like isotopes. Atoms are like easter eggs, neutrons are like candy. Doesn't matter how many neutrons there are, it'll still be an easter egg, it'll just be a bit heavier or lighter. My favourite moment was discussing gravitational potential energy though. It's like a poster held up by a loose tack. It has the potential to fall, and gravity is affecting it. "Oh, I get it! If I calculate it, maybe I can stop it right at the moment it falls off. IN 1.7 YEARS FROM NOW, I SHALL BE WAITING!" (Pic: www.scienceahead.com)

I also won a tripletank on eBay, which I'll tell you more about later in the week.

Interesting Fact of the Day: A "Nocebo" is a placebo with negative or harmful effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*