Saturday 6 February 2010

Fancy Digs (AKA Spade Storage)

I've been househunting, but this one is my current favourite. They're asking 56K for this "two bed bungalow". I'm sorry, but it's a frikken' shed with double glazing and a toilet!

Should have a sign on the bathroom door: "Water the plants - sprinkle when you tinkle!"

(Image and details: http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=1214557)

We've run into some complications however, as with His Lordship's Mother being ... unwell (family: email me for more details), His Lordship Senior doesn't want us moving so far away as it will upset her. He's also told us we can stay here and pay whatever rent we feel comfortable with, but if we mess him around, we're out. Whilst I sincerely appreciate the offer, it has left me very confused - I want stability, somewhere to call mine, as at the moment it feels a lot like pouring water into a bucket with a hole in; paying rent when it could be a mortgage on something I can keep and get money back out of when I'm done with it.

Whilst I also appreciate they're not everyone's cup of tea, I love lizards. As if you hadn't guessed by now! So I spend a few quid on accessories for them, or upgrades, or heaven forbid every couple of years, a whole new animal, but it's not like I'm spending my money on anything else lavish like holidays abroad, going to the Ritz or Manolo shoes, as much as I might like to. I'm sincerely looking forward to the day when I can put up my tripletank and move my dragons into their new luxury abode, but there's no point building it just to move it again a few weeks, months, whatever, later is there? As I have spares, I'm certainly not going to put wear and tear on £100 worth of lighting that needs replacing every 12 months for no good reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*