Tuesday 16 February 2010

Graffiti - Art or Accident?

I'm making Dragon Hoards as presents to the lizards for their Hatchdays. A nice lady on eBay was greatly amused at my idea and is sending me a mixture of sparkly high quality acrylic crystals of varying sizes and colours. I'll combine it with little coins, "gold nuggets" and other items with silicone or somesuch to safely weld them all down. I think using some gold and silver sprayed pebbles will make nice "nuggets" when coated with a clear seal lacquer.

I've picked up a nice little treat for them as an early present - a ferret ball. Basically, this is a HUGE hamster ball. As Tsammy loves clear boxes, I figured a clear ball would challenge him whilst giving Kyle a break. It'll be nice to kind of let them both out at the same time, though I'm concerned that Tsam might run her over!

Handy arty tips: Methylated spirits removes grass stain, and hairspray removes biro. I also discovered that alcohol foam supplied in hand sterilisers will lift permanent marker from your skin! (footballers - listverse)

Here's a thought for you. Why is that the "You wouldn't steal a movie" clip is normally only ever seen at the beginning of cinema showings or at the start of your DVD? You've clearly legitimately paid for it, so isn't that kind of aimed at the wrong crowd? The only people who ever see it are the people who PAID for it.

Hell, if I could download a car free of charge, I'd be sorely tempted.



Related Quote for Today: "And the first rude sketch that the world had seen was joy to his mighty heart, till the Devil whispered behind the leaves "It's pretty, but is it Art?" - Rudyard Kipling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*