Saturday 19 July 2008

Edible Wildlife...

Hurray, I got bought flowers today! A pretty bunch of white chrysanthemums. I had to laugh though, they were selling off. 5p BARGAIN! Woo! I am chuffed to bits, Tesco came up good again! We often have a giggle with some of the staff and it pays off with cheapies - we also got a big bag of fresh noodles for 2p, some lovely asparagus and baby sweetcorn for 5p, a box of stirfry for 2p, salad onions for 3p and some rocket for the beetles for 2p as well.

GADAM:
Becks not being thrown out of BB again, even though she's got the attitude and mentality of a small child.
Nan's Birthday and her lovely party.

"I have a spot on my hip. Blegh" - His Lordship.
Raw Springbok on a plate with leafy things and some sauce.

His Lordship treated us both to dinner at Mulberries on Wednesday, where he discovered four more foods He'd never tried before. Pinenuts - fair enough. I quite like pinenuts, my mother loathes them, and He says they're a little like peanuts but with different flavour. I've never had Springbok Carpaccio before and we both decided it had a good flavour - I can't say I liked the texture of very thin, raw meat, but it tasted great when you eat it with onionbread and vinegarette. He was amused by the Buffalo Biltong (chewy) and pleasantly surprised by the Ostrich steak. I adore ostrich anyway, so it was wonderful that He enjoys it too. We had fun trying to define seperate flavours; ostrich tastes a lot of pork with beefy tones and a hint of turkey. The waitress had a good giggle with me, trying to explain the qualities of an avocado, "it tastes like pale green but creamy."

On Friday I nipped out at lunch to get my hair cut. It started off raining a little as I walked down, and then started raining a bit more. Then it started raining a lot, but I was nearly there. All of a sudden, it was like the sky vindictively threw a bucket of cold water over me. The hairdressers took one look and laughed, dripping all over the floor. But, I got £5 off as I didn't need my hair washing, which was nice. I got home to dye and highlight it for the party, and was very pleased with results - especially when same evening I found this photo with exactly the same colours and highlights...

I met a lot more of His family over the weekend at His Nan's birthday party, where I had a marvellous debate with His uncle Robin about relativity in airfall physics. His Nan was delighted with the gift we'd chosen for her - a big stack of various dark Green&Black's chocolates; mayan, ginger, mint, cherry, orange and plain. Dinner was good too, the passionfruit cheesecake was lovely and the fresh pineapple burnt my mouth as usual. He was most amused by one peice of fruit - or rather the pronounciation - my sister always calls them "syphilis" and it's stuck. Physalis - sort of a big orange berry in an almost chinese-lantern leafy case. "It was sort of like a little tomato with lots of pips. Worth trying, but not something I'd have every day."

Quote of the Day: "Can you move my house a little to the left whilst you're at it?" - Customer at work; not a phrase I was familiar with, but apparently I was being very efficient at my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*