Wednesday 9 July 2008

Welcoming The Give-A-Damn-A-Mometer

This week, work has been pretty good. I mean, let's face it; I stay out of the rain and get paid for it. Also, we're finally starting to make a good impression on our customers, they're not asking where the previous girl is so often now and ... and get this: I got given a box of chocolates by one customer! At last! I know that sounds odd, but that's pretty much the biggest compliment a CO or CA can get on the shop floor. (I've left them at work to share.)

His Give-A-Damn-A-Mometer:

Madly in love with Her.
Outbreak in Iraq.
Stu on BB's morning-wood issue. Funny.
"Something I can't remember, that's how much I gave a damn."
Won 3 out of 4 games on the computer...

Movie: Be Kind Rewind - in honesty? A bit of a letdown. There were big gaps in the film/plot, where you'd expect there to be stuff there isn't, and the montages were a bit oddly placed. There were maybe two points of laugh, but only at how silly Jack Black looked in tinfoil and when the car was on fire. "About what I expected, worth the effort of watching I suppose, just about justifies existence." - ouch.
Superbad - definitely a lad's film. I appreciated it, but the boys laughed a damn sight more. I was most amused by the Geek's triumph. "Not quite what I expected, but not bad. It was all a bit American Pie."

Lizards: Happy. Little Dragon starting to shed again already and tried some purple basil. Big Dragon very independent now she has a whole lot more room to run about and more things to lick! In fact, now when we get her out of the tank, we leave her door open. That way, she can run around where she likes until she gets tired and then she'll take herself back to her tank to snooze. She's smart like that and it's probably a good thing - His Lordship cleaned her tank whilst I was at work one morning, forgot to close her door and she went for a walk. He comments "I was typing up on the computer when I suddenly saw Ky walking back to her tank from the hallway..." I wonder where she'd been.
Quote of the Day: "I had a cushion attached to my head, I was that pissed." - H, a colleague. Classy. Very classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*