Saturday 4 October 2008

At the Aquarium!

We got a reputed five years worth of good luck today, as returning on the boat, we waved up at the London Bridge and people waved back. (He and I were the only ones to try, so we get luck! Woot!) I did think the bridge sign was just a little obvious all considering, but then I suppose if you're not paying much attention to your surroundings or you're a disaster at directions like me, it could be handy. He thought the tour was quite cool, and came up with a lot of good facts. He does say: "London Bridge. Well, the sign's just a statement really. Why else would you need two bricks that tell you what it is? London. Almost a shame you have to spend money to actually get there."

The Aquarium has a lot of weird and wonderful animals to show, His Lordship discovered Indian Leaf fish and miniature bumblebee shrimp, jellyfish tumbler tanks and adored the rays as usual. I loved the big river tanks, complete with Stone Loaches (one of the Dojo family line). We had to agree, our joint favourite is the Heteroconger cobra. These sweet little fish are very nervous - we had to wait quite some time for them to be relaxed enough to come right out. When they are worried, they hide in their little tunnels, so it's very funny to see these little fish sliding up and down out of the sand!

Some fish clearly didn't appreciate their photo being taken, as these fellas prove; resolutely turning their backs to the camera and quietly focussing on the opposite direction. Although you can't tell from this direction, these guys are quite a metallic green and have big blue spots down their sides... "Oh, the sulky fish! I suppose they were quite nice, but they were just big fish. Big fish that ignored me." They're probably far too used to putting up with tourists with flash cameras. I don't use them round animals if I can help it, either that or I use a constant light so it doesn't scare them.

Quote of the Day: "YOU! Lizard with the beard! I seeeee you!" - Hank and the dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*