Friday 26 November 2010

My Frog Prince

I've always called His Lordship "My Frog Prince". I suppose it originally came about because he makes a funny little croaking noise in the back of his throat from time to time, but it developed into a full blown habit, because he used to grumble that things weren't going well.

I'd kiss him on the nose, laugh and say "I keep kissing you, my lovely Frog Prince, in the hope that one day you'll turn into Prince Charming!" It still makes him laugh today. How odd that it's so fitting. Thank you honey.

The smallest frog in the world is less than a centimeter long and is gripping for all its worth to the tip of a pencil. When adult, they turn bright red with three usually greenish fluorescent stripes - but don't be fooled by the size of this baby ‘poison dart' frog, as its skin is 200 times more toxic than morphine! The frogs, among the most poisonous amphibians on the planet, are found only in the wild on the western slopes of the Andes in Ecuador, South America.

NEWS: The Blue Reef Aquarium in Portsmouth, Hampshire has managed to breed dozens of these pretty (dangerous!) little frogs.

1 comment:

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*