Sunday 16 January 2011

Happy Buthuthdee Me

It was my birthday today!

I got another log, hurray: I especially loved its bubbly, grey wrapping paper! But no really, mushrooms are always a good thing. We've been going through some serious numbers of my favourite... vegetables? What are mushrooms classed as? (Which reminds me of the best philosoraptor quote so far ->)

Anyway, His Lordship took me to the movies and to one of my favourite restaurants for a lush mushroom risotto. We wound up watching the new Seth Rogen movie, Green Hornet, where we had to fork out again for the damn 3D glasses- we have DOZENS of pairs, but constantly forget them on the way out of the door.

PaperbackWizard summed it up well in his review: "All in all, "The Green Hornet" is a fun movie to see, and that's all it tries to be. If you're looking for "The Dark Green Hornet Knight", you won't find it; likewise if you're looking for "CSI: Green Hornet". But if you "want to see something cool", then this is your movie."

The risotto turned out much smoother and creamier than our attempt at making a mushroom soup a few weeks back - it was more of a mushroom gruel, but it had Himself in creases as we reheated the leftovers for lunch the next day:


Quote of the Tay: "Reminds me of "Cassandra" from Doctor Who."

(I'm starting to catch up with posts now. There's plenty under construction.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*