Tuesday 22 March 2011

For the Love of...

I love customers. No really, I actually do - I can have really good days and I love my job when I can help someone make the best of their accounts. However... somedays I don't like my customers. Somedays I look at them and wonder.

My particular favourite this week was when I was trying to get my customer to use their card in the reader, and it went a little like this:

Me: "Ok, if you can put your PIN in please..."
Customer: *looks at me*
Me: "Your PIN?"
Customer: "Oh, right." *numbers*
Me: "Ok, if you can just check the amount and confirm by pressing enter?"Customer: "What?"
Me: "Check the screen and press the green button please."
Customer: "I don't get it..."
Me: "Screen. Yes? Green."
Customer: "Hold on love, let me put my glasses on - I can't hear a WORD you're saying!"
Me: *baffled* "Uhh, okay..."

Though I'm not the only one, I'm glad to say. If you work in any form of customer service, you really, really need to have a look at this site: http://notalwaysright.com It'll make you feel a whole lot better.

It's not just you.


Word of the Day: "Glump" - describing a glum grump.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Sounds fun. I love those days, they always end in all the wrong ways. or right ways... depends on how you hear it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*