Sunday 27 March 2011

I'm not as think as you drunk I am!!

Considering it's March, it's surprisingly cold in Lincolnshire still. There was a distinct sharp edge to the air, and we pondered the intelligence of going out on the lash... But hellfire and hang to the temperature! We had a great night at the Barge with the gang last night and, miraculously, I didn't even wake with a hangover - despite the 12 shots of various liquors. I also discovered that I can fluently recite tongue-twisters whilst heavily under the influence of imbibements (though I suspect I have my mother to thank for all the years of vocab training)!

Mind you, I did come home with a random bottle of correcting fluid tucked down my bra... Not sure what that's all about!

This evening my mother bust out Ruby Slippers and Mojitos for after dinner drinks. It's always fun having drinks at Mum's; you never know what concoction you'll get! Whilst not as lethal as some drinks we've had in the past (Electric Blue Margarita for example - tastes like rocket fuel and just as potent!) they were still remarkably tasty. Ruby Slippers are made using vodka, grenadine and bitter lemon, if you want to try one yourself.

Thanks also to my little brother for being "barman" for the evening - cocktail sticks, cherries and lemon slices all included.

Thought for the day: Why is it that even though I'm so hammered that I have to rest my head on the wall to lean over, is it that I can still spell "antidisestablishmentarianism"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*