Friday 1 April 2011

Hang On... Wut?

I was a bit baffled this morning to wake up to news on the TV - there'd been an earthquake in Blackpool. We both wondered if the BBC was pulling one of its more elaborate April Fool's Day pranks, like the infamous "Spaghetti Harvest" in 1957. It turns out it was genuine, measuring 2.2.

However, I had to laugh when I checked my updates on my laptop; Chrome AdBlock were offering an extraordinary new technology that they'd just perfected: augmented reality eyewear that detects and removes ads from the world in realtime. You can even apply for your own beta-testing pair here.

Even YouTube got in on the act, releasing the very first Viral Videos from back in 1911.


"A befuddled man has been hijinked into singing about the hooliganism he has witnessed with his very own eyes."

I particularly enjoyed Google's job advert for an Autocompleter, however it required "some willingness to travel (in order to provide local autocompletions) or relocate to obscure places like Nauru and Tuvalu to develop knowledge of local news and trends..."

However, if you do actually use Chrome, I suggest grabbing the actual AdBlock programme if you haven't already - HERE. Don't know what I'd do without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*