Thursday 20 September 2007

Snake Things and Butter Dishes

Wow, sorry sorry sorry, time sort of got away with me from one thing to another! Nothing's been happening, but you know how it is.

Ohhhhkay, just had the most random call. Someone went Hello? I'm like, yeah, hello? they went "Who's this? So I told them. And this then happened a few more times. The penny dropped, and I now know who it is.
Did you get me any sweets?"
I responded "Yes, I got you Smarties."
This went on for a bit longer, until "Merry Christmas!"
"Well, what can you say?! "And a happy new year to you too..." was the best I could come up with. Oh, and "Enjoy your Wednesday." Even though it wasn't.
The caller's obsessed about the "snake thing" - my bearded dragon. "Sssssssssssssnaaaake thing." That's apparently my new nickname.
Kinda funky - Ssssssnake thing.

Ugh, it's been THAT sort of day, following another one. First one, I was washing up the massive stack left by the housemates, when it slowly occurred to me that it hadn't been piled up in the most stable of manners... Well, as I was halfway through doing the other bits from around the kitchen, I decided it could wait just a second - which proved to be my downfall. The mixer jug slid off a wonky tray, knocked into a bowl precariously perched on the teapot. The bowl skidded off, sending two pint glasses and the lid from the butter dish flying. All of a sudden, I've got a washing up bowl full of glass.

Having got that cleaned up, I went to finish off what was left of the washing; picked up the butter dish, and promptly split my little finger open on a chipped edge. Fancy that, attacked by a butter dish of all things.

I think I may be allergic to one of the soaps we use too... Hmm.

"Thats good things serious like this need to be fun or there not fun" - I think that was a Nigel Mangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*