Tuesday 20 September 2011

Greedy guts, the lot of yas!

Goodness me, the dragons aren't lizards, they're PIGS! Hehehe, they've eaten SO much today. I ordered some more of Nature's Grub Dragonfly Larvae in cans. Gamma radiated and cooked, these dragonfly larvae are juicy, fat and soft - and highly addictive it seems!

Tsam was getting seriously antsy whilst Sandy and baby Hyphen were outside, taking turns nomming the squishy brown bugs from my tweezers, but as Mocha didn't want any, I saved the biggest for him. Total dragon heaven: Sandy, Tsam and Hyphen ate the entire can between them... Yummy!

"Awww. All gone? Here, let me have the last of that gravy out of the bottom of the tin..." Whilst they look icky and smell gross, they're so tasty that Sandy stuck her head in the tin to lap up the "gravy", even though she had a drink in the bath last night!

I'm tempted to get some of the "Reptile Mix" next, as it's like a variety can with a combination of crickets, bamboo worms and grasshoppers.

Chi had come round this evening to keep an eye on His Lordship whilst I got lack-of-teeth friendly foods, so I did a biiig pot of butternut soup for us all when I got back. I had a little bit of butternut left over, so I did the dragons their own soup without any garlic or onion ingredients; making up for the flavour by adding dried herbs and carrot instead.

And boy, was it TASTY too - all of the dragons, including Miss Mocha, supped heartily of the creamy yellow, warm soup. Mocha's still very scared when I fish her out to feed her, but she's getting the hang of it and now looks forwards to the waxworm or waxmoth reward at the end.

Hyphen was easy to feed (always is really...) as he finds the "soup bug" utterly irresistible - I tuck the syringe into the palm of my hand so just the nozzle pokes out of the back of my fist - Hyph attacks it, bites the nozzle hard, and I depress the plunger with my thumb.

He ate so much, both he and I were genuinely worried he might pop...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*