Sunday 20 April 2008

Getting Greener...!

The garden is beginning to shape up slowly, a few hours of hard graft cleaned up the badly laid gravel and dug in some borders. I say badly laid, I should say half-cacked. No liner, just a bunch of stones lobbed on top of the heavy clay soil. Yeesh, that was tough to scrape up and turn, but moving the mulcher gave us lots of composty stuff to turn in. Hank (being built like a brick house) helped us rip up that stupid little fence in the middle, which means washing on the rotor line won't get grubby on it any more. I've planted in some little herbs, and eager for further suggestions!

Mind you, freedom of the kitchen is a true delight; just being able to wander in and mix up a meal... We've had a delicious salmon and mixed bean salad, with peppers and spring onions, and He made some sweetcorn and ham fritters to go with some vegetables yesterday whilst I was ironing. Hehe, well, I'd started trying to do the fritters, but there wasn't quite enough flour, and it all just went wrong. He rolled his eyes and took it off me and did a grand job - no more soggy splats for lunch!

Today's Quote: "Press number K." - Bloke I work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*