Thursday 23 April 2009

Fancy Flamin' Faucets...

The weekend was spent in a nightmare of basin tap prices. I can't believe a pair of plain silver coloured taps cost nearly £70. What the heck is THAT about? We spent literally 6 hours walking between DIY stores trying to find an idea to make our 70s avocado/jade green bathroom suite look a bit better. Fortunately, Retro is starting to make a comeback in bathroom suites - hopefully, if I scrub it up well enough, nobody will notice it's from the first time round... It seems most people with avocado suites tend to go Mediterranean but I don't think I could live with myself if I did that. I tried spending time in a bright yellow bedroom and it made me nauseous. Thus we are contradicting most of the Med advice and going with the uber-cool Akingsho reccommendations. Charcoals and silvers with pale green walls to gently neutralise and brighten the room/bath. And I'll just swap the upstairs sink taps for the downstairs taps - they match the bath!

Topps Tiles, whilst they didn't have tile paint, had a very nice heated tile demonstration going. Which was extremely useful as the sun had briefly tucked behind a cloud and Kyle was getting grumpy. (Imagefail: Topps Tiles homepage.)

"I'll do you a swap - you go get your coffee and I'll let you get me a drink too." - long pause - "What? ... No!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*