Saturday 25 April 2009

Positively Perfect Paint!

Today, I am pleased. We went for a trug round the shops, a shop schlep and found an ideal bathmat. His Lordship pointed it out and luckily I had my paint sample in my bag still. We pulled it out of the pile, dropped the sample tube on it - and the colours match perfectly. I was even more satisfied to discover the sale had an extra 20% off!

P.S; put the sample on the wall today, slightly bluer than expected, but deliciously fresh. Will look great and as expected, should soften the intense green of the suite. (<--- click to see true colour. DIY.com)

I have realised just how crazy this house is.

I don't mean the inhabitants, I mean the actual house.
We all know about the bathroom fiasco, with the non-existent vent attached to the bathroom fan, as well as the failed roof, soggy cupboard and various other issues including the outdoor hosepipe tap that, whilst it has a pipe going INTO the house, doesn't actually appear to be attached to anything when you look for it inside. There's a surprise. But there's a new one I've just discovered. I went and wired in the old Digibox from upstairs into the downstairs TV, checked it over, switched it on... to find it all going to hell on the screen. Having recruited Himself to help me find the problem, we mulled over it, swapping cables around and trying to ascertain just what had happened.

It seems the entire aerial system wired into the house has been done backwards. We have female ports inside the house and male points leading to the mast itself. Thankfully we had a male-male cable handy and quickly rectified the issue. Whoever built this place, I commend your genius! Truly a remarkable move, one that kept us guessing for some 15 minutes.

Relevant Quote of the Day: "No, you haven't broken it. It's the house that's broken." - Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*