Friday 3 April 2009

"Spring is what winta, always gozinta" - Ogden Nash's doggerel

Finally the worst of the weather is over and I've just started the new spring's gardening. I put up my little greenhouse and I've planted some cayenne and red bull chilis as well as some worldbeater bell peppers and some dwarf lavenders. My rosemary, lavender, chive, two types of mints and two types of thyme have shot back up. Also the raspberries, gooseberries and rhubarb are leafing enthusiastically, and I have to start planting my radish, onion and lettuce soon... The front lawn dandelions are lush and bright, providing yummy Dragon Salads!

I've moved some of the smaller new raspberry stalks to more convenient locations in the patch and added a nice little plot of strawberry plants. The rhubarb is already delicious - it was a little out of hand already so I put a couple of the more ungainly stalks into a mixed fruits crumble. The passionflower has been shifted and has survived the first couple of days! Ooh, I've also begun planting my next hanging baskets with lobelia as last year's fuschia is beginning to sprout.

Still lots to do, but the garden is starting to look good - the lawn has been combed free from mosses, the entire back border weeded and raked. (Images: Pixdaus - Rachid Hankour and Unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*