Saturday 9 August 2008

Beardies and BIKE! Bravo!

A Tale Etched In Blood And Hard Black Pencil by Christopher Brookmyre is turning out to be a bizarre read, set clearly in Scotland even though it's been reviewed by the Irish Times. It's got startling leaps between schoolday to newday, and I'm enjoying it so far. Good In Bed was also very good, harsh realism and funny highs, the usual formula of "everything goes wrong for paranoid girl all at once, until lovely bloke she didn't realise she liked earlier in the story rescues her" but with a better edge to it. I would give that some serious thumbs up.

Tsam Dragon did a marvellous job of scaring off a large and vicious predator today. Well. He was trying to scrabble through the glass of an interesting looking tank in our house, then panicked at the sight of Eden the four foot californian kingsnake slithering out to see what the noise was and went into defensive mode. It still looked impressive, floofing out his chunky beard, locking his eyes to the killer snake (behind the glass), lowering his head and hissing right from his core, low and raspy. Kyle just looked and went back to bed. I made it up to him with tasty snacks and a snuggle in a warm spare shirt - he likes watching war movies too. (Kyle prefers David Attenborough for the colours and the bugs)

The Dark Knight wasn't too bad. Again, I wouldn't grumble too much about the price of the tickets, but I will protest at the over-done growly voices, you know, the "vocal disguises"... The Joker was rather good, I liked the usage of cotton wool to deform his features, and the side effect of constant lip-licking worked quite well. "Other than being another remake of the Batman movie, it was a rather nice remake, with some nice original peices. However it could have done with being two movies, rather than all thrown into one overly long movie." On the other hand, You Don't Mess With The Zohan was pure hilarity. It was surprisingly chick-flickish, but with lots of macho army/bad taste comedy thrown in. A nice story of warring nations joining sides against the USA. Hurrah!

Tesco have given us more cheapies, picking up salad onions for just pennies, superyummy cookies for half price and then some, cheese topped buns for 40p, but nowhere near as good a bargains as offered by Bransons Motorcycles! What can I say, I flew my CBT in just an hour and a half (really, really good) and am now the proud owner of a little black Honda Lead 110. Huge thanks to Nan for lending me the funds, Mr Branson gave us discounts left, right and centre. I bought my helmet and suit with £20 off, my gloves 10% off, my chain and L's thrown into the price of the bike, and Mr Branson gave Nan money off that too! I owe you bigtime, and major major thanks! (Image thanks to WikiCommons)

Quote of the Day: "Oh my god, this garden! It's like, you go out, and you've got a tasty snack!" - REJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*