Saturday 23 August 2008

Lessons Learned.

Well, at least this week I learned some stuff. I can fall off a motorbike, pick it up out of the road, ignore a bunch of nettlestings, take apart broken bits, fix the vital bits, get back on and continue onto the big roads home...

I learned if you let a bunch of adult males go away for a long weekend, they consume vast amounts of alcohol and pretend not to have hangovers. Apparently this stack is about half of it, plus the remains in the recycling box.

I also learned I'm due to be shipped round a few more branches with work, and then put into one permanently less than 30 minutes walk from here. I'm very annoyed about this - if they'd told me two weeks earlier, I wouldn't be paying £2k for a motorbike.

I discovered it doesn't matter how old you are, you can still be completely potty. I aspire to be both like my mother and the dotty 60ish lady with bright pink hair I met at the cinema. You'll be pleased to know my neuroses are coming along nicely, involving obsession with my workspace and a convoluted system with my savings accounts. Hurray!

The Dorset Naga is grown just 25 miles from me! It causes involuntary hiccups, and registers about over 1 million Scovilles... The first chili to hit such high heats! Check out this brave YouTuber - my mum was greatly impressed. (She appreciates a good chili!)



Related Quote of the Day: "yeah, that was a really nice subtelty of flavours" - American Uruz re: a vindaloo in the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*