Sunday 10 August 2008

Swings and Slides (I do believe the expression goes...)

Things are beginning to, well, I won't say sort themselves out, but rather, shuffle about a bit more. It's a bit Yin and Yang, some comes good, some not so. I've got my deposit cheques in the bank, which is nice. I've discovered I don't owe rent for another couple of months yet, which is better. We've discovered that not only are the council taking £400 in "overpaid benefits", but the JobCentre are no longer paying His Lordship a penny. An irony with the council, as they haven't even GIVEN us any benefits. Bummer about the JC though, means I'll have to pay for everything 'til He's sorted. It's not for want of trying mind, there's just very little work in the area at the moment. Note: Tesco have just laid off most of their Uni students as they can't afford to keep them on. Leaves Him with either McDonalds (*shudders*) or the out-of-town Cheese Factory (*raises a dubious eyebrow*). No matter, He's got the right attitude: "A job's a job." I am proud of Him for it. I like eggs. Sorry, I don't know the source for the pic, but mail me and I'll quote. (indigo _ blue _ fish @ hotmail . co . uk)

Big Dragon has introduced Little Dragon to "Dragon Candy" - waxworms. They've both discovered mealworms for the first time and have found them to be acceptable. At the moment, Tsam is happily being entertained by His Lordship, who is playing a war game on his laptop. The flashes, bangs, rattles and scuttly things keep both of them greatly entertained, as does a good sip/lick of coffee. I tell you, Tsam and He match well, just as Ky and I do. (Being as we like a good book - she likes to try to "eat" the words - and a cup of cocoa.) Mind you, all tame lizards like laptops, they're toasty and have interesting things going on. (See comment on word-eating and flashes.)

My bike is awesome fun to zip about on, goes 55mph when needed and easy to maintain 30. I've just gone over the 100 miles mark, and fell about laughing when I went to fill it up the first time. I have to say, I was in hysterics the second time too - I filled over half the tank and paid... £3.25. So, that's less than £7 for 107 miles... I'm happy with that.

Hehe, my computer had one of it's famous glitches. I typed an S, I got a £. I£ typed an *, I got a £. I typed a :, I got a £... Oh well!

Related Quote of the Day: "I hope that, if the ends don't meet, you're at least making them wave at one-another?" - One of my uncles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*