Monday 18 August 2008

Lucky and Lookies.

Don't ask how His Lordship did it, but we were sat in boredom waiting for the cinema timeslot to come around, and I was spinning coins for Heads or Tails. It must have been 80% of the time He got it right - so I gave Him the ultimate challenge. I gave Him the pound and sent Him to the fruit machine. Knock me sideways with a great big inflatable shiny blue squeaky lobster... Jammy toad came back with a good profit!

Movies: Return of the Mummy - Dragon King: My veiw is that whilst the story line was a bit mediocre, a bit average, it was pleasant to watch. The CGI was very good quality, fluid and exciting. My personal favourite line: "Die you mummy bas*ards! - Hey, there's no call for bad language!" His Lordship says similar, whilst it was very good fun to watch, he's a little concerned that the quality of CGI is actually becoming quite standard nowadays too. His favourite line: "Spank my ar*e, spank it!" You'll need to see it to undestand.

The Princess Bride: Spectacular - a true comedy classic, star-studded and humorous. Peter Faulk (A.K.A - Columbo) plays a cheesy grandad figure - but I didn't even work out Billy Crystal! If you do something good this week, try to find a copy of this; it's well worth it! "It's a good fun film - a while since I last saw it, but definitely re-watchable." Suitable for younger ones, but do be aware of one or two at most usages of "bi*ch". Interestingly, this week in Big Brother, Mo is wearing a mask very similar to "The Man in Black"...

Image courtesy of: Peter van Nugteren - http://photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=573922

Movie Quote of the Day: "Spaniard: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you. Hero: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*