Wednesday 29 July 2009

Colours and Carbons...

I got my hair done ready for my friend's wedding on Saturday - chestnut brown, a few shades darker than my normal colour and venetian red - C80815 to Hex coders. When told the colour was innappropriate for work, I politely pointed out that it couldn't be - I'd chosen it specifically to match the colour of my uniform!

I have discovered something cool though - I have been quite interested by Nanotech development over the years, and they're putting some awesome technology to use properly now.

Carbon nanotubes are being developed to replicate muscle fibre - adding special compounds allows this supertough material to "flex" when a small electrical charge is applied. Imagine the possibilities - muscle repairs, patched into and running off your own nervous impulses...

The second coolness I will tell Dad I want for Christmas. It is commercially available, but it is one of the funkiest materials available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*