Monday 19 December 2011

Slug it out...

Well would you look at that!

The last week, I have been hunting high and low for my motorbike keys to send to my insurers. Now, I knew I had put them somewhere very safe, visually prominent - but for the LIFE of me I haven't been able to find them.

Of course, now I have been informed that my bike is not "economically viable" to recover and repair, I have suddenly found my keys. In a very safe, visually prominent location. Sod's Law, thine victim receives your punishment with joy.

On the plus side, I MIGHT get a grand back from the insurance company. His Lordship suggested I ought to cash in my tax disk, but as I pointed out that the entire year only costs £15 and it was due for renewing... Well, it wouldn't really be worth it for all of £2.50!

His Lordship made an interesting find this evening - a little leopard spotted slug, in the middle of our bathroom floor. I'm not sure how it got there, but it certainly made me laugh.

It turns out that it's a Limax Flavus, the Yellow Slug, which explains WHY it's here - they like to come in when it's cold, enjoy climbing damp walls and they're mostly nocturnal.

Needless to say, I took it back outside.

In other news, Cousin John at FastFrames did a wonderful job with my pictures and got them all done in record time, complete with a marvellous silver box frame for Kyle's X-Ray. I'm going to get some LED units and rig up a lighting kit so that I get the best effect out of the film.

Quote of the day: "The gods too are fond of a joke!" - Aristotle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*