Monday 14 November 2011

I'd headbutt the walls but...


I'd end up with more of this paper all over it. Ugh, sticky swatches of horrid, plasticky wallpaper all up my arms, legs, in my hair, on my face - AUGH!

Three rooms are like this - and it is all the same kind of plastic coated "easy clean" paper that is a real b!tch to get off. In fact, this is a beautiful example of the idiocy of the cowboys - rather than measuring before applying, they've  just sort of thrown it at the walls and hoped for the best. There are bits that go on to the ceiling, other strips that don't meet the ceiling, ditto both for skirting boards, sheets that overlap, some with bubbles, wrinkles, rips...  I'm pretty sure they used industrial superglue rather than wallpaper paste.

It is a nightmare to get off the walls (the steamer can't get through the top coating, and scoring doesn't help much) and sets solid when it hits a people; my shirt is crisp with wallpaper glue and plastic coated paper shreds., and these cowboys have double papered edges rather than measured. Including adding thick strips where they cut it short.

Thankfully an online friend (LD, I'm lookin' at you!) recommended using sandpaper to scrub off the top layer of coating - which really helped! He also recommended a good dinner to recover from the trauma. Luckily I did extra as it turns out my friend Rob was in the area, so we fed him gammon and jacket potatoes as he was dropping by. It saves eating canteen food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*