Thursday 10 November 2011

Just crossed a ford in a Ford

Flaming hell, thank god for Crabbies - I was saving it for when I needed it, but I need it now. It's been a bit of a day!

To start with, we got stuck in another traffic collision, the third in ten days. There was a car slewed across the reservation, what looks like an old style black Golf. It seems it was trying to overtake, lost control and then ploughed into a car coming in the opposite direction - in fact, it looks like the eejit that nearly cobbled me over a few weeks back. Still, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Police shut the road down, told us it would be closed for at least the next two hours, so we followed one of the cars to get us to the town. First in the queue leading a huge line of traffic, we tentatively crawled down a very steep, very muddy incline before winding up in the middle of a small river - the road the coppers chose to go down has a nice big blue sign reading "Track unsuitable for vehicles."

That's reassuring!

Once I got home this evening, I put a bunch of my uniforms in to wash... At which point the washing machine  jammed itself on "spin" for four hours. With tomorrows work uniform in it. AUGH! Thankfully my lovely man bludgeoned it into electronic submission and retrieved my (impressively) still wet clothes.

Quote of the Day: "man make MASHeen wurk Ugh... scratches furrowed brow - ook. Man done good?"  Yes, yes you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*