Monday 25 June 2012

Not that kind of plate.

Well, that was the first of many sessions to come with the Mormons, apparently. I think we upset the curriculum by asking lots of awkward questions, particularly when His Lordship kept drawing attention to some fishy discrepancies in time spans.

And they're mostly creationist. Luckily not like THESE ones in Louisiana though.

They kindly left us a copy of the Book of Mormon and asked us to read it and come to our own conclusions. And I have been reading it. And I have been wincing regularly. And I have a horrid feeling I'm going to have to write a translation - and they are not going to like it at all.

I may yet go on to dealing with other religions but, for me at least, Mormonism is a bit of an unstable one and open to scientific picking at. It has a modern (ish) beginning and some very wobbly foundations. Not to mention that the LDS have to give 10% of their earnings to the church - and then some.

Gosh. The first bit was a bit easier than I thought it would be... So here it comes in installments; The Pastafarian Remake: Amber's Book of Mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*