Saturday 10 May 2008

Guerilla Gardening Tactics.

Again, I've had fun playing with the customers. I had a chappy come in for a large sum, so I asked him how he would like it. I replied that we haven't got that many pennies, would he like some twos as well. You should have seen his face; just for a moment he thought I was being serious!

Little Tsam hasn't grown particularly, besides getting a bit wider. Ky has been rattling on the door like mad every time I try to feed her - Ky likes bugs too. She's pleased because she gets the leftovers as snacks and He's been spoiling her with fancy salads: dandelion and calcium, lettuce and pellets... Mmmm!

We launched an all out attack on the garden this week, His Lordship hacking back the lawns and forcing the conifers into a neater shape whilst I blasted into the damned dandelions, ripping off leaves and salting the remains of the roots. The lawn has actually fought back since I spent a good few blisters putting drainage into the clay soil with the fork. The raspberry plants are sprouting nicely, but those slugs have chewed into my passionflower and killed off my basil. But I have the last laugh - I've been and got slugpellets! Slug mortars ahoy. *smirk smirk*

Tim Hawkins - Kids Rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5R8gSgedh4

"Oh sh*t, my bacon!" - Lew, having been online chatting for the last... ooh, hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*