Monday 26 May 2008

Hungry Horse and Appetite at Ask.

Today my mother and family visited. The fayre was closed, so we came back home to play with the animals. Eden kept licking Mum and making her laugh, and Tsam on my sister. He moved one leg, then the other, wriggled, then pooed all over her hand. I swear, it was as big as the lizard himself. My mother was most impressed.

Mm, Lizard Butt. We haven't trained that dragon yet.

Having been rained on, we tried the Hungry Horse for lunch, discovering the first three choices were all out of ingredients and having to rearrange orders. But to be fair, they did LARGE portions for your money, basic no-messing about bar food. You got what you asked for - I like simplicity like that. Also, see QOTD.

We all went to Ask for tea. Ask is quite nice, a local chain of restaurants that serve good foods. His Lordship and I had the mushroom ravioli which was rather delectable and vanished quickly enough, whilst my parents and sister enjoyed a twist on spaghetti and my brother tucked into a garlic bread with cheese and peperoni. He's a picky soandso... Yet again I had their honeycomb cheesecake. For an essentially chain operated group, they're surprisingly nice, you can watch the meals being cooked, the majority of it from scratch and as witnessed by my brother, they're quite accomodating to changes in menu. Last time we went to Ask was because we were completely ignored by Prezzo for a good 15 minutes. Oh well! Ask made up for it, and then some.
Today's Quote: "I bit into it, and it squirted red hot peaness..." REJP. My, how my mother laughed...

P.S, PURPLE! For Mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*