Wednesday 21 May 2008

Mmmmmm Mulberries!

Mulberries has the latest Dragon's Lick Of Approval!

We whirled by there under the power of local reputation, and it's really rather classy. The tablemats were one of my favourite things, smooth slices of slate, very simple. Garth, the owner, was rather surprised by my odd question, but yes, they're Dragon-Friendly too!

We tried a bizarrely named "While You Wait". This was tender onion rings, herbed potato skins, garlic bread slices and fried mushrooms served with two dips, one sweet chili, perfect on the onions and one herby mayonaisse, which was delightful combined with the mushrooms. I had a mozzarella, mushroom and homecut ham omelette. He had a chicken and bacon salad, which judging by the appreciative sounds and too-busy-to-commentness, was very good indeed. The vinegrette was spot on, slightly spicy and sharp. I swiped a drop! Oh, and the sorbet! Lemon zest sorbet, zingy and sharp and sweet - I could have eaten three stunning purple glasses full. He had Belgian Sugarwaffles with homemade vanilla pod icecream. Mum, we're treating you to a meal out there, it might not make up for Cafe Rouge, but it ain't bad!

I'm glad I'm out of my old home town, where I once worked in a convenience store. Some friends of mine got held up at knifepoint Sunday 18th.... His Lordship was surprised - he'd actually been to the shop in the papers when he came up North with me.

Odd Quote: "Woooo. Woooooooo..." - Bloke at work. Apparently trying to scare his pen. It didn't work.

1 comment:

  1. Daughtie - i'm gonna take you up on that offer. you know how i love lemon sorbet....*drools*
    see you sometime monday?

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*