Wednesday 28 May 2008

Munchies at Mulberries

Little Dragon is progressing very well, eating 8 or so bugs a night. He's stopped panicking every time he claps eyes on Big Dragon - in fact, he's started "communicating" with her, fluffing up his little beard, head bobbing and the occasional wave. This morning she was very happy to join in, bobbing, fluffing and a good, single wave. We knew she wasn't being aggressive, because she kept her beard white. (When a beardie is angry or scared, it'll flush black.) At least he's not pretending to be a twig any more.

The photo here was taken on His Lordship's phone - I have to say, I'm impressed with the level of detail for a mobile. It's completely unedited, just loaded and blogged.

It's amazing. I spent quite a while looking. There doesn't seem to be another word for "thesaurus"... Comment board open now.

So, after most of the afternoon of Snekki being draped round my mother, we mooched our way down to Mulberries. Garth's team excelled themselves again, with my mother commenting that "it's as good as Cafe Rouge" - high praise indeed! My brother actually ate his dinner of chicken without the sauce, and my sister enjoyed a homemade burger - nearly the whole thing! His Lordship, my stepfather and I all had medium rare rump steak (which was so tender and juicy....!) whilst my mother tucked into the T-bone. We all enjoyed another "While You Wait", I still adore their sweet chilli dip, and then we all had puddings. I had two kinds of sorbet with mum and my sister, the boy and stepfather had icecreams, and He had the lemon cheesecake. "It was very light, thin compared to a normal cheesecake, very lemony, very nice. Like a really thick mousse. Mm, one that can't even spell it's name." Served with a raspberry coulis, it was very nice. (I swiped a bit in exchange for some of my creamy mango and passionfruit sorbet) Again, Mulberries are genius for lack of pontificating, no messing with the food, just good, basic ingredients served to their best. Thank you Garth and his team, you get another Dragon Lick Rating.

Thought for the day: "Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!" - So is this finally the cure for depression? (Madwahm.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*