Sunday 25 May 2008

Pride in Preparation!

M'Mumma, I hope I made you proud today. He had holes in his socks.

On the way to Tesco, we were discussing buying some flowers, as Mum's coming down on Monday. And then we found some! No really, we found a bunch of Sweet Williams, just lying in the highstreet. Well, neither of us are the sort to pass up a free gift like that - it looks like someone had dropped them. We looked round for the owners, but clearly they were long gone, so the Williams are now in a nice vase in the kitchen. My Alliums look lovely in the livingroom, alongside my fern and a bowl of crystals.

I also did some housework and finally the cooker has come clean. It's taken me the best part of the afternoon, but it's done. Blessem, the three batchelors have lived here over a year, and only today did Hank learn how to cook Lasagne. In my clean cooker. Fortunately, George lent him the DEEP glass bowl and I lent some useful tips I learned from Mum years back when she made lasagne (and a jar of bolognaise sauce, and a wedge of cheese). Heads up to Hank though, it was pretty darn good. I like a big bowl of lasagne. I'm one happy fat ginger cat...

I didn't get any gardening done, as it'd tipped it down all night, but the herbs have flourished for it. I do need to get another pot though, I've used up my other three. I've got a lavender tree in the green one, and the two terracottas have lemon balm and garden mint - I still need one for my chocolate peppermint. Anyone got any tips for getting the local cat? His Lordship's fed up of finding catmess in his lush green lawn. My suggestion was to put carpet gripper along the top of the fence.

Quote of the Day: "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*