Thursday 7 May 2009

Baffling Bank...

There's been rumours ever since the new boss came down that there would be staff being moved. Being as we're running on minimal staff anyway I hadn't expected it to be our branch, and if it would be our branch, even the part timers figured it would be a part timer lost.

But no, it's me.

Thankfully, I'd worked with the new boss on Saturday (I almost didn't go because no-one told me I was working) and he decided he likes me - also I'm now too valuable a member to lose/fire because I can do the concerns systems as well as cashier and prospecting - so I'm being shifted into a different branch where they need extra cover. It seems they're getting clever with the staffing rotas and percentages to keep on more staff, so whilst they "got rid" of a lot of bosses, all they've done is move them around and put them on contract. It seems the idea is if they can't manage targets, then they've got a viable excuse to get rid of them on the probationary contract. Clever, if inconvenient for all involved. To make it even more efficient, they've also moved all the target goalposts; making the targets higher and the products have a lower point value.

But enough of the boring.

Spyyk is doing remarkably well, the remaining dead skin is sloughing off perfectly and his new tank is developing at a good speed - black sand and drainpipe in, terracotta pots and plants set up already.

I bought my tile paint online and am waiting for it to arrive, my mirror tile transfers turned up and my Cool Aqua paint is ready to roll. Well, roll-erbrush. My lovely bathmat is tucked away in the airing cupboard and I'll be looking at new flooring over the next couple of days - removing the old mats to wash them showed the carpet to have black mould in various places. I'm not surprised, but I do need to get rid of that carpet.

His Lordship says "I love you as much as lemon torte from Cafe Rouge... and then a little bit more."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*