Friday 16 January 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

Some Jan 16th facts: I was born the very same day as Marta Domachowska: Polish professional tennis player. The only thing we have in common is that she can speak English, and she's female. And Ac-tor Mason Wilson Gamble: Played Dennis in the Dennis the Menace movie, sadly unrelated to the cartoon strip I used to love. This film wasn't that great. Sorry. The website http://www.sri.com/ was opened the day after my birthday - and still exists today! Nothing in common with me at all. Also on my birthday there was a 990 mb cyclone that swept over Southern Vancouver Island. Still nope.

Another interesting Jan 16th fact: Bandō Mitsugorō VIII was one of Japan’s most highly regarded Kabuki (a type of dance/drama) actors - so much so that he was declared a national treasure. On the 16th of January, the natural treasure decided to dine out on fugu liver (highly toxic) claiming that he was immune to it. The fugu chef who served him said that he simply could not refuse to serve the deadly livers to such an esteemed gentleman. Needless to say, Mitsugoro died within 7 hours. - thanks to listverse!

Three days after my birthday, the first PC virus, Brain, began to spread. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/(c)Brain

Which kinda leads me nicely to my chosen "birthday" song - the Cake is a Lie. A very sweet little song, sung by a rather wonderful, demented computer. For anyone out there that hasn't played Portal yet, I suggest you find a copy. It's not that it's not just any game, it's completely different to nearly EVERYTHING. It's not quite a puzzle game, nor is it quite a shooter game, it's not quite a platform game, but nor is it quite a survival game. It's distinctly a... thing.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*