Friday 9 January 2009

Sod the Sales, Buy a Bathroom?

SALES! I will admit, I have bought more wrapping paper. I am sorry. But I do now have bright YELLOW! A roll that's red with the other side orange. Bright blues and metallic bronzes.... I did buy a couple of bits to stash away though, but a lot of the sales are pretty pants this year. The 50% off Thorntons chocolate hasn't helped my waistline any either - but who cares! I would be obsessed about my size but in honesty there are several problems with this. I'm too lazy to do anything about it or give a damn, I like sleeping and I like food. Heh!

We've got our New Year's Resolutions off to a flying start: I've already had a surveyor chappie in to have a look at our kitchen, price it up stupidly high and have a look at the bathroom with a far more decent quote. One day (not soon though) our lurid avocado green suite, broken shower, orange-cream tiles, lackadasial extractor, pink flowered peeling off wallpaper, mildew and supposed-to-be-peach carpet will be DESTROYED! MU WU Ha Ha haaaaaa. Cough. Aaaanyway. These I have planned to be replaced by a nice new white suite including a glass shower curtain, slate on the floor and halfway up the wall, silver opera rail (with matching tube brushed steel radiator!) and a rich blue top of walls. Oh and a super new shower. Mmm yummy. I may have to get rid of one of the housemates first - 7 days is too long to cope with having to use a different shower. Everybody synchronised... Raiiiisee - eyebrows! B&Q did manage to bugger up the first time round though, not only did they try to make us pay £50 for their surveyor for doing a free quote (Good try, but no.) they also managed to book us for our final deciding review the day AFTER the offers all finished. (Also good try but no.) They're going to honour it if we DO decide to do it, but we have to think about it. (See comment re: housemate. Request for solutions ideas please!) No hurry mind, just I'd like to do it in the next three years. I'm sick of the mould. And the pink carpet that's grey.

We also bought a gorgeous decanter for the bathroom to store until it's done - clear glass with black tracing a platinum pattern of triangles. That will look great filled with bubble bath, and will go lovely with the silver details and the funky Laura Ashley wall metal things I already have.

"Om Nom" - Katie Melua describing chocolate. Just as it should be.
P.S: Good heavens. I've just noticed. I'm grumbling about buying a bathroom. I must be growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*