Saturday 6 December 2008

Prezzo? ... Peh.

We went out for a work dinner the other day, down to Prezzo. Pron: Pret-Zoh. I add this, because most people who live round here all it Pressohs which, frankly, drives me mad. It's like Bon Marche; Mar-shay, not March-ee. Anyway, not the point.

You may recall, if you have phenomenal powers of recollection, that we were ignored for a quarter of an hour last time we went even with the waving of cash until we went to Ask. But, no matter, the Leaving Lady liked Prezzos, so we went to Prezzos. We had to make an emergency detour to Tesco so I could suit Himself up in something a bit nicer than a faded grey fleece, holey red t-shirt and baggy trackies (He'd forgotten) and I whirled Him like a fairy godgirlfriend (with a gold card) into a rather nice pinstripe suit and charcoal shirt that he'd coveted for some time.

And so, we finally turned up in style. Shame Prezzo didn't make the same effort really - the whole table was having a great time laughing at the horrendous air conditioning (too hot, then too cold, then too hot and then ... you get the idea. Consistency? I think they thought it was a pudding topper.) and grumbling about the medium to slow service. The place wasn't what I'd call busy, besides our table there were perhaps six other people on two tables tops. "Blase at best, they certainly didn't fawn over us in the way we've had elsewhere." And they managed to confuse lime juice with orange, which was odd. Being as the chap next to me had lime juice. Maybe I'm biased. Or maybe I'm just miffed that the Honeycomb Cheesecake was still on the specials board when it had sold out. (I bet Ask's version is nicer. I would rise from the dead for that cheesecake. Thanks to cheesecake.co.uk)

Sorry Prezzo, I think we'll stick with Ask. They may cost very slightly more, but the food is better than mediocre out of average and the service wins it every time. Pressohs, did all your tablecloths get dirty at the same time?

Today's Quote: "I have a full weaponed black emperor scorpion. Which makes cleaning the inside of the glass...interesting!"- Raniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*