Saturday 31 March 2012

Think of the pastabilities...

Pastafarianism is much more fun than most religions I've discovered so far.

As a semi-satirical theology, it's perfect. It has a very simple moral guidance based on a solid foundation of acceptance - you don't even have to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster because, hey, it's your choice and that's fine. Seems pretty mean to give someone free choice and then punish them for it.

What I particularly like about The Gospel and the working editions of The Loose Canon is that you don't HAVE to take everything as "the word". The FSM is accepting that a bunch of his followers are writing it, and takes no responsibility for the inaccuracies - especially not HIS inaccuracies. Heck, no-one can write in a reasonable and clear fashion when drunk/hung-over. You're lucky if they can talk when drunk/hung-over.

Anyway, getting back to the point -  I've just checked the regulations for getting my driver's licence updated - and yes, I might be able to get away with wearing a colander! "You must not wear a hat or cover your head unless for medical or religious reasons" - well, as I'm now an ordained Pastafarian minister, I have every right to wear religious headwear: I'm a pastor. Hah! Pastor/Pasta. Heh. (And yes, seriously. I have a certificate from the prophet Bobby to prove it.)

If anyone has any fun pasta-related ideas, let me know. It's Pastaver next weekend, and I want to invite some friends for a proper carbohydrate based feast!

R'Amen. 



Spaghetti, Wenches & Metaphysics: Episode 1—The FSM from Matt Tillman on Vimeo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*