Friday 21 October 2011

Birthday Boxes and Electric Detection...

I sent my friend Hanny a box in the post, so that her beardie Noa could have a birthday party.

Apparently Han was already in Singapore mode and got the address muddled up... But thankfully the nice lady five doors down from her sent me a lovely letter to let me know she'd received it. I promptly phoned her back and she kindly dropped it down to Noa's house the next morning.

Hanny asked me to make Noa a party hat in green, so I made a lovely textured foil paper cone with a glitter thread pompom on top. I also sent his little sister Delilah a similar one in silver. I also sent him a ready made party-in-a-tin dinner of dragonflies as well as a birthday bar of dragon soap for his bath, and a glow in the dark star for bedtime - just like my spiky little angels have.

Ooh, I've been playing with a new little programme. I've discovered that we've currently got about 12 networks switched on around here that I can "see" at the moment - and I can walk round with the programme on my phone to "feel" the signal strengths.
Next doors DJP (in their dining room against our joining wall!)
TalkTalkk3k3aa (the Romanians the other side)
Livebox822d (I'm pretty sure is Brad, out back)
virginbroadband (which is a nickname - we don't get virgin here)

Sky71336
O2wirelessF2E7BD
Linksys
bthubb3-RX8x3x
Sky61182
PortableHotspot
Sky50679...
and our own "DragonzDen"

I also renamed my phone's portable wifi hotspot. It's now called "surveillance van 6" to spook the neighbours when I switch it on.

My comfy chair has the lowest signal in the house, sadly.(There's also a Geiger counter style version that does hot/cold beeping.) But I don't do any live streaming, so no big.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*