Wednesday 12 October 2011

What's in a name?

These... These are like chocolate hobnobs with golden crunch biscuits and honeycomb mashed together. They are the most amazing things. So hands off! These biscuits are MINE. They have my name on.

Speaking of which, I just can't believe that in the FOUR YEARS that I've used Kyle's name on FailBork, they haven't thought to mention that it's supposedly a "violation of terms". And now I've been booted from my account with no warning or notification. I had the same problem with Google at first, but they allowed me to change it to my real name.

Facebook wants me to upload government issued identification to them to prove who I am! Hah, load my passport to your site? With your security failures? I think not! It was the push I needed to leave FB permanently. No skin off my nose - I have G+ and I'm proud to be a 1st Gen User!

I then went and emptied my "facebook email" account. In just two years, I have over 3,500 bits of junk from them - EXCLUDING what had already been netted out by my junk filter. There were 16 items in today's "catch".

Holy WOW. Update: The reports coming back from the new Android Facebook update are terrible! I'm glad I'm not an FBer now: FB have really screwed up. The app won't work unless your GPS is on - which chews your battery. The file is huge and doesn't transfer to SD. It doesn't update, fails to deliver notifications (still), you can't like or add to friends walls directly from the ones you DO get. The tags are broken and it has serious memory leak issues which cause it to crash. A lot. Reinstalls don't fix the problem.

Quote of the day: "No apostrophe, so unfortunately not! Hand them over, they look tasty!" - Ben, on "Ambers" biscuits. Where's my permanent marker..?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*