Thursday 6 October 2011

Dodgy, Delicious, Delightful - and in that order.

Looked at a house. Summary: weird.
Well, for starters, there was an extractor fan in what used to be a set of shelves in the living room. And what was clearly a bathroom window in the corner of the main bedroom. But the real winner for me was that this place had a toilet in the shower in a giant plastic box in a cupboard. Very odd indeed. Pass. NEXT!

After the couple of disappointing viewings we had this morning, it was very much time for some refreshments. Though I'm not keen on a certain coffee house, they do supply the most amazing lemon and poppy seed muffin. Though I was baffled by my funny tasting hot chocolate (it had my hazelnut caramel sauce on the cream). It took me three sips to work out that it wasn't bitter hot chocolate, but actually a VERY nice mocha - nice enough for me to consider not swapping back with His Lordship.

Yes, I seriously considered tolerating the yicky coffee flavour (I'm not a fan of coffee, if you hadn't guessed). But sadly, the hot chocolate was also very good, so I had it back off him. I did let him keep his blueberry and cream cheesecake though.

We had a good raid on town too, where I purchased a gorgeous silver based with black enamel lizard brooch that had green gem eyes and clear crystal stripes, and in TKMaxx, we found THIS beauty.

It's a sumptuous chocolate velvet smoking jacket with a fun paisley plum lining, teamed with a delightfully retro Pierre Cardin floral shirt in darkest twilight purple and bright violet.We also picked up a natty multithread silk tie in patterned lilac and a divine red tie of Italian silk with a branched design.

Oscar Wilde would have been delighted. After all, it was he who said: "I can resist anything, except temptation."

Today's Quote: "Hey quit it! You're making the rest of us look bad." -Whitmore, on the new jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*