Sunday 23 October 2011

Raising the Stakes on the Steaks.

With a content sigh, I can tell you that the last two days, we have dined like kings. Nay, GODS in fact.

It started off as a plan for stew, ostrich stew to be precise, so I asked His Lordship to fish some steak out of the freezer. But when I got home on Friday evening, I discovered... well, he'd got steak out, but he'd picked the good sirloin. I'm not sure how he mistook the posh cream and green wrapped parcel for the vacuum-sealed, boldly printed with "OSTRICH" packs, but never mind.

So instead, on Saturday night, I threw some red wine with mushrooms, garlic and onion in a pan, made butter and herb sauce to go on steamed new potatoes and made him fry the perfect steaks - on the dangerous side of medium rare. Oh god, and they are ridiculously good. Put fork in meat, move fork sideways, meat falls apart. Well worth the money, it is SO tender...

I also got the correct bags of ostrich steak out to defrost, so we could have the stew tonight. With Lea and Perrins special reserve fuller flavour Worcestershire sauce...

So very simple. I can't understand how my sister professes to dislike stew. What is there not to like? Meat, vegetables, sauce. Bam! Dinner.

Update: I've been carefully mushing my icecream and eating it slowly - got to the last bit when His Lordship finally asked what I was doing. "Looking for the jalapeƱo" says I.

Great.

It turns out I've been squishing my favourite icecream for nothing. So I smooshed the last spoonful into and up his nose. Revenge is sweet - literally. Hehehhehee!

Best quote of the day: "It's like you've been licked all over by a panther after it's had 15 Fantas..." Russell Howard, on tangerine shower gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*