Friday 3 August 2007

Crazy American, Controlling Animals and Calming Axolotls.

Whoo, people are LOVIN' my eBay junk! They're bidding, and asking questions!
NEW: Because the eBay thing got so big, I've done a spinoff blog, read it here: The Penniless Creationists

My family and I got lost.
Repeatedly. In fact, we were severely mocking my stepfather for his sat-nav; you all know I have a near-lack of direction, but I was far more accurate. "We want to go thataway." *pointing* SatNav: "Go the other way." Hmm. I didn't get us lost, SatNav.

After a long while of walking about in the belting sunshine (I regret wearing a sleeveless shirt) we persuaded the stepfather that it would be a REALLY good idea to stop and get some refreshments. So we sat with cans and cold stuffs (I had lemon sorbet, mmm, wafflecone.) and watched this guy singing his heart out. He couldn't, but he was just great to watch. An American lady joined in, then bee-lined for me, saying "He's ok, I'm on stage now." Why do they always target me? I had my eyes closed for crying out loud! My mother was most embarrassed for her. Although when the US lady yelled "You wouldn't be here if it weren't for us!" my SD muttered "Yeah? Well, if it wasn't for us, YOU'D be a Native American."

Ahum, sorry about that - I fell off my stool.

We got lost a bit more, ran to catch a boat that went up the river, and back down again, hearing about I.K.Brunel's work on the railway close by, and the flooding of the plains instead of using fertilisers, and how it's one of the cleanest rivers in the country. It might not look it, but I can tell you with confidence that it's not far off crystal clean, the green is light refracted from the plants...

Supped a SouCo with dinner in a pub, and finished my sister's chips, so I'm very happy...

And then spent the evening stuck in a four foot tank, catching fish, draining water, and generally mucking about with stinky-rank sand. And we STILL have tanks to move... Ooer. Spyyk knows there's something up.

Quote of the day: "Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal." - Demetri Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm sorry, Amber's not at her computer right now - please leave a message and she'll get right back to you as soon as she can!

Thanks!

*beep*